Friday

Experimenting.

We thought it'll be a good idea to experiment with the printing of the t-shirts with  materials such as spray paint, transfer print, mono print and ink. We did this because this is what we had in mind doing with our t-shirts.
This was fun and things like spray paint i'd never used before so it was fun and interesting to experiment. I spraypainted a few shapes onto the fabric before going onto some words and then trying out different effects such as blowing onto the spraypaint which makes it fade out a little bit. I also tried this effect with the ink, this worked out well. I also tried splattering the ink around the fabric, this also made an interesting effect and i was pleased with this outcome.
We experiemented these on some jersey fabric, similar to the t-shirts. Some turned out better than others, we experimented with shapes and patterns and some small words. 
We wanted to test these materials out in the washing machine, see which ones fade/crack/dispear/run and see which design quality stays the same and which ones doesnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment